You know by now that I seem to get a lot of challenges, well this was once again a challenging shoot. I had a session booked for three children ages 13 months, 2 years old and a little boy who recently turned 4. Let's just say that it was a very interesting morning and at one point all three children were crying, one kept throwing sand at the back of my head, the little girl didn't want her mom to put her down on the ground and the two year old kept looking at me like I had sprouted horns out the top of my head so yeah, interesting. But given all that I think I got some good pictures:
4 year old before he dumped hand fulls of sand on my head:
2 year old, got this picture after I talked to about fire trucks, I suddenly became interesting:
My favorite picture of the day, showing off the rock he found:
13 months old, mom (who did not want to be in any of the pictures) is actually holding her, I like how she's looking off to the side with the slight smile on her face and the hat was so cute:
The two brothers, what you don't know is this picture is taken in between the two of them falling back into the sand repeatedly together, had to be quick:
This picture just cracks me up, trying to touch the camera lens:
Well this about sums of the morning, perhaps she was praying that God would help her, I know I was:
Taking pictures of little kids can be hard and does require a lot of patience but honestly I really really enjoy myself. In the back of my head I always think a few things A. I can only do the best that I can do and the I'm not in charge of making the kids behave. B. Watching the parents do everything in their power to bribe their kids to behave for one hour can be very very funny. C. Seeing all the different personalities and some of the things the kids say is so priceless I find myself wishing I could video tape each session. Yes sometimes it's very hard and the kids just don't want their picture taken but overall I keep a positive attitude and really enjoy myself, take time to get to know the kids and family a bit and overall just have a fun time. Kids pictures will always be my favorite.