Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sand Monsters!!!

I have a nickname for Kaylee and Nathan. I call them thing one and thing two (cat in the hat). So I will call these little girls Sand Monsters 1 & 2. Ok so I'll admit to being excited about the shoot and so I worked on the editing a little faster then I should have. I bumped a few other sessions back a bit. I just love working with children. Let me introduce you to the Sand Monsters!!

I believe you've already met SM1 from a previous posting. She was the eldest and full of ideas.
These pictures are taken on the beach in St. Joe which is a lovely beach. It has trees in the sand, crazy huh? But very helpful because as everyone knows the beach is a bright sunny place and that causes eyes to squint and all sorts of little problems.

Now meet SM2, the little sister. Just three years old and such a happy smile thing! Her little dress kept falling down in front so this isn't my ideal crop but I didn't want the picture to be inappropriate and she looked so cute in it I just had to keep it.
Here she is again, I like the beach grass in the background. She liked cocking her head to the side, must have been her "cute thing".
Here they are with their mom. I wanted to do the good ol' heart in the sand but with a family twist. I thought it would be cute to have the mom and her daughter draw with the other one looking on. I like it, what do you think?

Mom was up visiting her parents, here's the group shot. They call their Grandparents Grammy and Grampy which I thought was very cute. Notice the head to the side again, oh kids are so cute!!
SM2 got her dress wet and went running out of the water, I thought this picture was cute:
You know I have to post silly ones, this is the two of them sitting (choo choo pose). The little one kept pinching her sisters leg and I'm guessing her sister wasn't liking that much.
Then of course I almost died when I was trying to take SM2's picture by the tree and all of a sudden SM1's head comes peaking around. Ha! I snapped quick:
I really had a fun time, I love romping around in the sand with kids, they were well behaved but still had adorable personalities, can't get better then that!