Sunday, May 18, 2008

First Senior Session 2008

On Thursday I went to South Haven for a Senior session. His mother wanted to get pictures done and so he went along with "whatever". Most guys really don't care one way or the other about pictures. If thats the case I try to make it as painless as possible with more natural poses, keeping the atmosphere relaxed and things simple and being friendly and funny without being overwhelming. This session was at his house so it was a brand new location for me. If I'm shooting at someones house I arrive early and do a little scouting keeping my eye open for options. Here's a few from the session:
Simple, basic head shot. I had him sit on a stump so he was lower then me. I'm a short person and most guys are a good half a foot or more taller then me so I try to pose them in ways where I can be even or looking a little down on them:
Again, another head shot this from a different angle looking the other way. A lot of people do have a"good" side so I try to do different angles:
They had an outdoor cat and he kept following us everywhere. It was kinda cute, I think he was jealous and wanted his picture taken:
I really liked this birch tree. I don't think I've ever seen a birch this big before. Because of their white bark they look interesting black and white. This isn't one of my favorite pictures of him but I think the tree is interesting so I'm including it: