Thursday, July 3, 2008

First Church Wedding!!

Yes it's over with, my first wedding in a church. The dreaded church lighting and all that I've been so nervous about. I've tackled it, I did it. One down a few more to go before my comfort level rises. I did K&T's wedding a couple weekends ago with the help of my charming assistant James Owen Thompson The Third. I was nervous, no lies there but once I got going and got in the groove nerves fled and I went into my own focused little world. Here are some of the pictures I took from the wedding, I'm very proud of myself with how everything turned out. These of course are some of my favorites for one reason or another:

Groomsmen, under a tree for shade in a nice V formation like the mighty ducks:


















Dad fixing his daughters dress before walking down the isle:


















Father giving the bride away:












whispered moment:


















making it official:


















of course the kiss:



















The "guy walk" a shot a lot of photographers do, I made them form a V with the groom in front which I think is more flattering:













Are they really shocked?!?!:













Beautiful bride looking over her shoulder so you can see the back of her dress, under a tree for shade, love the background:



















kissing under the tree, such a bright day loving all the shade trees. I like how the bright grass in the background really makes their faces pop:



















Newly married K&T:



















Ok one more kiss one, black and white again. This is a favorite because of the highlights on her face, love the depth and love the fact that I caught them right before they kissed, great motion and emotion:



















Now a few reception pictures.
First dance, I just love how she's looking at him:



















The kind of picture I live for, I totally caught Grandma and Grandpa getting down and funky:


















You know me, can't help be snap pictures of little kids. Little girls love to twirl:



















Ok I lied, another kiss which took place after cutting the cake and dabbing frosting on each others noses. Since I'm posting so many pictures I'll stick to one from the cake and this was my favorite because they didn't quite no what to do with their sticky fingers:



















Her facial expression is certainly worth a thousand words:



















Well I think I posted enough, I'll leave it with one of my favorite that my handy assistant Jim took, thanks for coming along and being such great support honey. A nice light moment between the bride and groom: